Sunday, June 14, 2015

Blog Reflection

          Some benefits that I gained by maintaining this blog were learning how to read into a text better and really understand the hidden meaning. For example, I reread some books that I had read from last year, and when I did read it, I found many things that I hadn't noticed before. I've also benefitted by this blog making me a better writer. Lastly, I also realize how it feels nice to share your thoughts with others and to have your thoughts and ideas heard. This blog was like a creative outlet for me.
          I think that teenagers do abuse the freedom that being online gives you. People do type things online and comment on pictures and say things that they would never ever say to a person's face. For example people say how horrible certain people are online anonymously because they want this person to know how they feel about them without the person knowing who said it. I think that it's a good thing because if a person doesn't know who said a nasty comment, they wouldn't end a friendship and hate someone because of something that they said which might've been a mistake. The online freedom lets you say what you want and really express your feelings.
         Writing online, to me is different than writing in a notebook. When you write in a notebook it's kind of a private thing like just for you, while if you write online, people can see what you've written and said. Also, writing in a notebook takes more time than writing online, so you might lose some of your ideas in the process while if you write online you can write quicker and keep your ideas. Also, while writing online it's easier to get into a flow because you can write faster and keep your ideas and opinions in your head long enough for you to write it.
        I  think that when we're online we create fake identities that reflect who we really want and strive to be. What people post can show you a lot about them. If someone posts really artistic photos it could reflect that they like to take photos and have an interest in art. These online identities are like a magnifying glass into our brain and body and shows our desires and who we strive to be.
        I don't imagine myself maintaining this blog. i don't imagine myself continuing this blog because I would rather be outside playing and exploring than writing about it. I want to experience it and not just imagine it and put it into writing. My opinion on blogs is that they're a creative outlet for people to express themselves. Some people like to have others see what they think and a blog is just the way to do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment